Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Resurrecting Global RN for "X24 Europe"

After a very long hiatus, and many twists and turns like a lot of us these days, I've finally gotten back to what I love. Talking about global healthcare, humanitarian assistance, and disaster response. I want to apologize to my followers for not getting back to this column, and wanted to thank them for their insight and comments.

Please feel free to send stories, comments, whatever you can do to share knowledge in this field, whether you are civilian, government, non-goverment, or just an interested individual.

I am excited to report that I will be going to Montenegro for participation in an international on-line disaster exercise next week, utilizing social networking capabilities such as Facebook, Twitter, Ushaidi, and many more, to get people engaged in sharing their knowledge and ideas for humanitarian assistance and disaster response. X24 Europe is an outgrowth of X24 which was our first online disaster exercise which was highly successful. We had 89 countries check in and over 10,000 messages from texts to Twitter messages. It is open to all to view or participate. You can find the information on Facebook under "X24 Europe" It will be conducted March 30-31. I will hopefully be posting pictures from the drill as we go along, or, if it gets too busy, I will catch up when I get back. Take care all,

No comments: